|Height||5'2" (158 cm)|
|Weight||93 lbs (42 kg)|
|Born||June 19, 1985|
She competed in marathon at the 2005 World Championships with a 2:39:13, finishing in 37th place. At the 2006 World Road Running Championships 20K she finished fourth in the individual competition with a 1:05:16. This was good enough to help Ethiopia win a silver medal in the team competition.
On April 21, 2008, Tune won the Boston Marathon with a time of 2:25:25. She ran for Eithopia in the marathon at the 2008 Summer Olympics, and was the only Ethiopian to finish, placing 15th in 2:31:16. In 2009, she finished second at Boston with a 2:32:17.
|She holds the One Hour running world record of 18.517 kilometres set June 12, 2008 in Ostrava. The previous record (18,340 m) was set by Tegla Loroupe ten years earlier.
She won the 2009 Ras Al Khaimah Half Marathon setting the Ethiopian half marathon record of 1:07:18. The previous national record (1:08:07) was set by Bezunesh Bekele in 2007 in Udine.
- 3000 metres - 9:02.08 min (2003)
- 5000 metres - 15:47.83 min (2003)
- Half marathon - 1:11:11 hrs (2007)
- Marathon - 2:24:40 hrs (2008)
- Hour run - 18.517 km (2008) WR
- ↑ IAAF, June 12, 2008: Robles 12.87 World Record in Ostrava! - IAAF World Athletics Tou
- ↑ IAAF, February 20, 2009: Makau produces second fastest time ever, Tune clocks national record at RAK Half Marathon - updated