|Height||6'2" (188 cm)|
|Weight||163 lbs (74 kg)|
|PR||110H - 13.0 (1975)|
|Born||December 6, 1950 at Oignies, Pas-de-Calais, France|
|Club||Étoile Oignies/Stade Français|
Guy Drut (1950-) is a French hurdler who won gold at the 1976 Summer Olympics in Montreal in the 110m hurdles.
Drut captured the silver medal in the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, finishing behind the American Rodney Milburn. In the European Championship of 1974 Drut came a comfortable first. In the 1976 Summer Olympics Drut won a gold medal in the 110m hurdles in a time of 13:30 ahead of Cuba's Alejandro Casañas and the American Willie Davenport. He also held the world record of 13.0 seconds (manuel timing). Drut competed in the TV Series "European Superstars" earning £2,500 in 1975 and $34,600 in 1977.
After retirement Guy became active in business and politics, with one of his roles being Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports in the conservative government of Alain Juppé from 1995 to 1997. He served in the parliament from 1986-2002, and was Mayor of Coloummiers from 1992-2002.
He has been convicted by French courts (a 15 month suspended prison sentence) at the end of 2005 for accepting fictitious employment as political patronage; as a consequence suspended by the IOC. In 2006, president Jacques Chirac granted Drut amnesty, using a rarely used clause in a 2002 amnesty law authorizing the president to grant amnesty for certain categories of crimes to people who had made great contributions to France in certain fields. The move caused great controversy, including within the majority members of Parliament: president of the National Assembly Jean-Louis Debré commented that it gave an unpleasant impression of "self-washing machine" but said it was a "courageous" move that he would not have made; Nicolas Sarkozy, who since became President of France, disapproved such uses of amnesty.  Chirac justified it by France's regaining a seat at IOC.
- ↑ http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Dugout/8973/athletes/drut.html Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- ↑ http://www.olympic.org/uk/news/olympic_news/full_story_uk.asp?id=1580
- ↑ Amnesty law of August 6, 2002, article 10
- ↑ http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,1-0@2-3224,36-779331,0.html?xtor=RSS-3224
- ↑ http://archquo.nouvelobs.com/cgi/articles?ad=politique/20060530.OBS9552.html&host=http://permanent.nouvelobs.com
- ↑ IOC Announces 2016 Summer Games Evaluation Commission
- ↑ http://www.iaaf.org/aboutiaaf/news/newsid=47795.html Retrieved 2009-02-19.
Template:Footer Mediterranean Champions 110m Hurdles Men